You are here
Bio-inspired random-guided optimization and machine learning for wireless communications systems
|Bio-inspired Wireless Coomunications Systems ... Prof Lajos Hanzo|
Bio-inspired computing, short for biologically inspired computing, is a field of study that loosely knits together subfields related to the topics of connectionism, social behaviour and emergence. It is often closely related to the field of artificial intelligence, as many of its pursuits can be linked to machine learning. It relies heavily on the fields of biology, computer science and mathematics. Briefly put, it is the use of computers to model nature, and simultaneously the study of nature to improve the usage of computers. Biologically inspired computing is a major subset of natural computation.
This material is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
- Genetic Algorithm Assited Joint Multiuser Symbol Detection and Fading Channel Estimation for Sysnchronous CDMA Systems
Yen, K. and Hanzo, L. (2001) IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 19 (6). pp. 985-998.
- Antenna-Diversity-Assisted Genetic-Algorithm-Based Multiuser Detection Schemes for Synchronous CDMA Systems
Yen, K. and Hanzo, L. (2003) IEEE Transactions on Communications, 51 (3). pp. 366-370.
- Genetic-Algorithm-Assisted Multiuser Detection in Asynchronous CDMA Communications
Yen, K. and Hanzo, L. (2004) IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 53 (5). pp. 1413-1422.
- TTCM Assisted Genetic-Algorithm Aided Reduced-Complexity Multiuser Detection
Ng, S. X., Yen, K. and Hanzo, L. (2002) IEE Electronics Letters, 38 (14). pp. 722-724.
- Improved Hybrid MMSE Detection for Turbo Trellis Coded Modulation Assisted Multi-User OFDM Systems
Jiang, M. and Hanzo, L. (2004) Electronics Letters, 40 (16). pp. 1002-1003.
- Hybrid Iterative Multiuser Detection for Channel Coded Space Division Multiple Access OFDM Systems
Jiang, M. and Hanzo, L. (2006) IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 55 (1). pp. 115-127.
- Soft-Information Assisted Near-Optimum Nonlinear Detection for BLAST-type Space Division Multiplexing OFDM Systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
Jiang, M., Akhtman, J. and Hanzo, L. (2007) IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 6 (4). pp. 1230-1234.
- Iterative Joint Channel Estimation and Multi-User Detection for Multiple-Antenna Aided OFDM Systems
Jiang, M., Akhtman, J. and Hanzo, L. (2007) IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 6 (8). pp. 2904-2914.
- Genetic Algorithm Aided Design of Component Codes for Irregular Variable Length Codings
Maunder, R. G. and Hanzo, L. (2009) IEEE Transactions on Communications, 57 (5). pp. 1290-1297.
- Genetic Algorithm Assisted Error Probability Optimisation for Beamforming
Wolfgang, A., Ahmad, N. N., Chen, S. and Hanzo, L. (2004) IEE Electronics Letters, 40 (5). pp. 320-322.
- Multiple-antenna-aided OFDM employing genectic-algorithm-assisted minimum bit error rate multiuser detection
Alias, M. Y., Chen, S. and Hanzo, L. (2005) IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 54 (5). pp. 1713-1721.
- Genetic Algorithm Aided Timeslot Scheduling for UTRA TDD CDMA Networks
Ni, S. and Hanzo, L. (2005) IEE Electronics Letters, 41 (7). pp. 422-424.
Ant Colony, Particle Swarm and Harmony Search
- Ant-Colony-Based Multiuser Detection for Multi-Functional Antenna Array Assisted MC DS-CDMA Systems
Xu, C., Hu, B., Yang, L. L. and Hanzo, L. (2008) IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 57 (1). pp. 658-663.
- Near-Optimum Multiuser Detectors Using Soft-Output Ant-Colony-Optimization for the DS-CDMA Uplink
Xu, C., Maunder, R. G., Yang, L. L. and Hanzo, L. (2009) IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 16 (2). 137 -140.
- Minimum bit error rate multiuser transmission designs using particle swarm optimisation. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
Yao, W., Chen, S., Tan, S. and Hanzo, L. (2009) IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 8 (10). pp. 5012-5017.
- Iterative Multiuser Detection and Channel Decoding for DS-CDMA Using Harmony Search
Zhang, R. and Hanzo, L. (2009) IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 16 (10). pp. 917-920